POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : How to do bent rebar : How to do bent rebar Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  How to do bent rebar
From: Dave
Date: 9 Sep 2004 00:01:23
Message: <413fd593@news.povray.org>
How would you POV-Ray gurus do a bent rebar.

So for example a straight section, then a 90 degree smooth bend (with some
bending radius), another straight section, another bend (for example a U
with a flat bottom).

I tries with a sphere-sweep and a cubic spline, but this does not give me
the ability to specify the bend radius and I was unable to produce a smooth
shape. I really do not want to have to specify the bend points explicitly.

I want to be able to specify the shape descriptively. For example, 0.5
straight, 90 degree bend (downwards) with bend radius of 0.2, 1.0 straight,
90 degree bend (upwards) with bend radius of 0.3.

Is there a way?

Thanks,

dave